There is no other joy for parents than to play with a newborn. They either pick up the small one or put the child in a sleeping position for playing. There are however times when you need to put the baby down, this is exactly where having the best baby bouncer has a vital role to play.
Often comparable with a rocker and a swing, a bouncer is a device that can contain the baby who can play, nap, and rest in a reclining position. In this guide we’ll look in depth at why you need the best baby bouncer and the many benefits it can bring for both you and your baby.
Best Baby Bouncer
It comes with two variable rocking speeds for keeping your hands-free, good incline, three-point harness, deep seat for relaxation, and 12 songs and 3 soothing sounds that you can turn off.
The seat pad is dryer safe and washable machine. It is also easy to wipe the frame, liner, and toy area.
The bouncer works on a D battery or on an AC plug. You can also easily fold it for storing without much space consumption.
However, it lacks the toy bar and is one of the costlier options in this list.
Apart from offering a bouncy seat, it comes with soothing vibrations, detachable toy bar with three animal toys, padded seat that is washable in a machine, adjustable 3-point harness, and non-slippery feet.
The seat bounces softly in response to baby’s movements. The three animal friends namely, zebra, lion, and spinning monkey, on the arch inspire the small one to grasp (motor skills), play, and bat (eye-hand coordination).
This is another bouncer that vibrates and accommodates infants and toddlers up to 40 pounds. Although the price is a bit more than the previous model, it is truly worth it for the weight that it can hold.
It offers a playtime, deep seat and an inclined sleeper in one with soothing vibrations!
The model features a fold out kickstand and a seat that reclines quickly for resting as well as feeding.
It also comes with bat-at toys and a tuneful elephant that kindle the senses of the little one. The toy bar is movable which allows for a bigger/older child to play as well.
This is vibrating model operating only on battery and accommodates infants and toddlers up to 40 pounds. Available at a slightly higher price, this rocker is a two-in-one piece. It starts as a sophisticated seat with bat-at amusement over the head and a low-profile frame ideal for newborns.
As the baby grows, the parents can detach the toy bar easily and convert it into a rocker for the toddler. The vibrations are calming for even during the nap time.
The seat position is fixed with a kickstand, while the two-position recline ensures comfort. On the flip side, the material is plastic although it does not affect seat quality. One of the best choices for best baby bouncer 2018.
It is bouncer-cum-rocker for the infant growing into a toddler. Some notable features that both the baby and parent love are a secure three-point restraint, seat recline with two positions, foldout kickstand, and a detachable and machine washable seat pad.
On the flip side, the toys hang quite low and can interfere with the baby.
Fisher-Price Rock ‘n’ Play Sleeper, Geo Meadow
This one with playtime and sleeper seat is truly for small ones weighing between 5.5 and 20 pounds. With the right angle for sleeping, this model from Fisher-Price is sleep friendly. It is available in a medium price range. The sleeper comes with soothing vibrations, good portability, and mesh sides that are breathable. There is also a clacker toy for amusing the small one during playtime.
A remote helps you in playing classical music from Mozart and Beethoven or calming sounds from the rainforest. You can even turn the mobile into a music box playing some light melody at night. The model also comes with lights, which means there are three options: music with motion, music with lights, and music with night light. However, it is a bit tough to put together (assembly).
Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo
This one is the costliest model in this list due to its dual functionality and fun-filled theme for only up to 25 pounds. The baby can both spin and jump in this cheerful zoo-themed model to discover all toys. It can make animal sounds, play music, and turns on lights with almost each motion of the baby.
Your baby will simply love pulling the hanging mobiles, jumping, and turning. Other features include a sturdy steel frame, three options for height, and soft spring keeping the small fingers safe. On the flip side, it lacks straps and has shorter battery life.
Fisher-Price Auto Rock ‘n’ Play Sleeper, Floral Confetti
This is another costly model, but it is for a baby of up to six months old weighing not more than 40 pounds. It comes with play and sleeping seat in one, soothing incline for quick sleep, sturdy plastic build, hands-free rocking motion, two rocking speeds, diverse nature sounds and songs, and clacker rings.
Other features include folding ability due to light design, head and body support, deluxe pad, three-point restraint. The support and pad are machine washable. However, it is a bit hard to put together and some motor noise is reported.
Fisher-Price Deluxe Rock ‘n’ Play Sleeper, Soothing Savanna
This is a medium-range option in terms of price and offers all features of the Floral Confetti model above. It is comfortable and has a bit of incline with the ideal height level so that you can see the small one from your bed. However, on the flip side, its vibration unit does not work for long.
Fisher-Price Newborn-to-Toddler Portable Rocker
This rocker offers a reclining seat back, bat-at toys, and calming vibrations to babies and toddlers weighing up to 40 pounds. It comes with adjustable features due to which it grows with your newborn until the toddler age. The product is portable, easily fold-able, and comes with a good handle so that you can easily carry in your hand.
While still, your baby can play with two toys for amusement and development . For a newborn, it has a friendly low-profile frame. However, for a toddler, it is like an infant seat with swaying away toy bar for nap time. The build material is plastic but sturdy. However, it is low to the ground and the feet may stick out!
Do You Need a Baby Bouncer?
This is a good question! A bouncer is invaluable for parents if their babies are fretful or find it difficult to go down for a nap. It is also equally handy when you have no option but to go away from your kid to do different home and office chores. This would be the time when you would think of where to put your baby. The answer to this is a bouncer, which is super handy.
Just put a bouncer in your living room, kitchen, or bathroom where you will be working, strap in your little one, and activate the bounce or vibration mode. In case the baby begins to wail, you can look at him and remain assured that he is safe while you are facing the other side to cook or clean. You can rely on a baby bouncer as a godsend in these situations.
When You Need a Baby Bouncer?
Bouncers are usually a part of a pre-sitting set. Thus, it is ideal to consider buying one for newborns and up to six months old infants who cannot sit on their own and shall whine if left confined. Some bouncers may even accommodate grown up babies and even toddlers. Parents prefer bouncers that can pacify and amuse even the fussiest baby.
How Bouncers Benefit Both Parents and Babies?
An incessantly bouncing baby can experience soothing effects. However, only a parent has sufficient energy to bounce their infants manually in their arms. Well, doing so for continuous or several hours daily can result in strained shoulders, back, and neck.
Another purpose of bouncing a small one is to make her or him fall asleep quickly. This is essential before parents can sleep. However, when the parent falls asleep each time, the small one wakes due to lack of bouncing experience and ultimately cries to wake the parent.
On the other hand, a battery-operated baby bouncer can render incessant soothing motion for hours without seeking manual intervention. This means that a parent can easily take a nap simultaneously with the baby. Moreover, there is no health risk of strain. Thus, a bouncer can be a sleep-enhancing accessory, as parents of newly born babies tend to sleep little.
Undeniably, a baby bouncer frees the shoulders and arms of parents, which is beneficial. Notably, parents have many other tasks to do between cleaning diapers and sterilizing bottles for which their arms should remain free from manual baby bouncing.
Completing all chores while the baby is asleep gives parents a chance to play with the small one after she or he wakes up. Another commendable benefit is that the baby will be by their side no matter where the parents go. As a bouncer holds a little one firmly in place, parents can carry it to the park, shops, restaurants, and beaches. They do not have to bother about their baby crawling while left alone on the floor.
For a baby, the bouncer’s motion can calm a disturbed stomach. As the bouncer grasps the little one with its neck and head in a bit erect position, it aids in releasing gas. Thus, a baby bouncer is a health remedy too for relieving any disease due to gas in stomach. The bouncer’s reclined angle opens the airways in a far better way than what a stroller or a car seat does.
Unlike in a crib, a baby in the bouncer can look around by facing up. It is also simpler to affix a small mobile to the bouncer’s handle for entertaining the little one.
In short, a bouncer keeps the baby and parent together for spending more time. It is also calming for a baby to hear the parent’s voice when looking for the same. Following are some more benefits of having a bouncer at home:
- Portability, as it is quick to move a bouncer from one corner to another and reliable to move outside in pleasantly sunny days
- Growth facilitator, as many models come with noisy and vibrant toys that can develop fine and gross motor skills
- Health friendly, as it comes with the ability to strengthen legs
- Mind stimulator, as several bouncers play soothing music and have items to help babies identify and solve problems in different ways such as putting some shapes back to their position or tapping piano keys
- Body stimulator, as a bouncer helps a highly energetic baby in getting tired enough to sleep nicely
- Break giver to parents
Types of Baby Bouncers
Before you go ahead to buy the best baby bouncer 2018, it is essential to know about the available types. Luckily, unlike other baby products, these are neither complex nor complicated. Broadly, there are just two types of bouncers for babies namely,
- Basic: Is a simple baby bouncer with no additional items or functionality. It just bounces the baby in it quite well. It is a suitable type for those who are bothered about over-stimulating the small one.
- A basic model is usually bouncier than its feature-rich counterpart is. This means that it bounces the small one with minimal effort. Further, basic models are quite portable; thanks to the dearth of features due to which it is easy to fold them or carry them while traveling. However, on the flip side, they are quite plain. Their fabrics feature one or two colors without any interesting themes or patterns.
- Baby Activity: Is a type of bouncer that appeals to those parents whose babies are bored of bouncing. These models come with different features, right from baby mobile phones to toy rails and musical melodies for amusement. While these bouncers are ideal for entertaining babies, the bells and whistles they carry make them a bit less bouncy than their basic counterparts. Further, they are not as portable as the basic ones, as their weight is relatively more. A few baby activity bouncers just do not fold.
Based on the source of power for operation, a baby bouncer can be of the following two types:
- Framed: These bouncers work by rocking back and forth depending on the baby’s weight. They are manual bounces.
- Battery-based: These bouncers depend on batteries to render a relentless rocking motion. They are ideal for those babies who love a constant rocking motion.
So, which one is the best baby bouncer for you? Well, this is dependent on how you intend to use a bouncer. Are you in search of a light model that makes it easy for you to carry it without bothering about the constant motion? If this is the requirement, then a basic, battery-based model is just suitable. If the requirement is a full entertainment solution, an activity model is an ideal choice. Thus, it is essential to consider the way you shall use the bouncer to prevent choosing a wrong model.
Factors to Consider for Selecting the Best Baby Bouncer 2018
There is no substitute of a baby bouncer for its fun bouncing sensation. Therefore, buying the best baby bouncer is what each parent intends. To buy such a model, which is best done by identifying the requirements. Once requirements are known, it becomes clear as to what kind of model you need. However, the confusion begins when you see several bouncers even in the same type category. It now becomes hard to determine which one is best for the small one.
Well, it is possible to simplify this task by considering the factors that influence your selection. These factors help you determine the best bouncer in terms of comfort, safety, and ease of use. It is obvious that most of us shall go with the safest bouncer featuring good quality, choke-free fabrics as curious babies can taste anything visible to them. Below are the most important factors to consider:
- Seat: This is where your baby is going to spend the whole time. Thus, the seat should be optimally comfortable for the little one. Consider the following features for choosing the right seat:
- Material: Should not be irritating to skin. Rather, it should be soft to touch
- Padding: Should be optimal to keep the little one feeling comfortable while bouncing away. Do not go for too much padding, as it may lack proper support for your baby.
- Head Support: Should be optimal, as the newborns cannot support their neck and head by themselves. Look for a cushioned support for neck protection. Having a removable support is useful, which allows the little one to use the bouncer as she or he grows.
- Incline: Should be such that you can adjust the seat to more than one reclining position. As a fact, newborns are happier in a reclined position, although the older ones prefer to sit straight.
- Ease of Cleaning: Life is much easier when cleaning and maintenance work is less. Thus, it is sensible to choose an easy to clean seat. A few bouncer models have covers that are washable in washing machines. However, the rest models feature a waterproof fabric.
- Bouncer Frame: This is essential for retaining the seat support off the ground. To choose the best frame, you should look for its following aspects:
- Bounce Quality: It is a major factor that aids in determining the bounce quality. Sadly, this crucial quality is often ignored. Here, bouncing quality refers to how well does the bouncer bounce. Varying as per the frame design, the bounce quality can range from a bit bouncy to super bouncy (back and forth with a bit of movement). If your baby loves the latter, you should go with a frame design that supports it.
- Broad Support Base: A narrow base can fall over when the little one is inside. Thus, it is rational to choose a wider base. The wider the support base, the tougher it is for the bouncer to topple. However, a model whose frame runs too far can contribute to an irritating slip hazard.
- Non-slippery: The risk of slipping across the floor is something that no parent wants to have. The bouncing motion can lead the bouncer to slip across the surface of the floor. Well, it is a fact that slipping is an issue on quite smooth surfaces such as those made of tiles. To avoid this risk, it is ideal to choose a bouncer with non-slip pads underneath its base.
- Material: Usually, the frame of a baby bouncer is made using a suitable and sturdy metal. However, this is applicable only to popular brands. The generic ones like those from China may have plastic frame. Well, you should avoid buying such a model. This is because a metal frame is more durable and stronger than a plastic one.
- Foldability: The choice of frame also contributes to the ease of folding a bouncer to make it smaller. This is useful when the bouncer is not in use, as it consumes less storage space.
- Safety: This is perhaps the most important factor to consider while buying any baby product. A baby bouncer should ensure the safety of the little one while bouncing up and down. While the bouncing motion is safe when utilized precisely, there are a few other safety precautions. The best baby bouncer has the following features or aspects, which you should look for:
- Weight and Height Limit: It is vital to know that each bouncer has its weight capacity, which is determined by its manufacturer. In other words, some models can accommodate a heavier baby, while some can hold only up to certain pounds. Thus, it is wise to check the weight limit. As a tip, go with a higher limit, as it usually accommodates a growing baby. Similarly, you should look for the maximum height limit. Bouncers tend to accommodate different heights too. In short, check for the suggested age and height as well as weight limits. If the right limits are not chosen, the bouncer is likely to harm your baby.
- Straps: This is an essential attachment found in many baby carriers. Straps are essential, as they grab the little one in place while bouncing. As a smart parent, look for strong, lasting, and comfortable straps. Comfort is equally important, as the little one should not refuse it due to discomfort.
- Shade: It is essential to consider a sunshade in case you are likely to put the baby bouncer near a window or use it while going outside. Such a shade keeps the risk of burning at bay.
- Standards: Manu makers pass the Juvenile Products Manufacturers’ Association (JPMA) standards for gaining a trustworthy certification for safety. Some of these brands or makers are Fisher-Price, Summer Infant, Graco, Safety 1st, Maclaren N.A., Delta Enterprise, and Baby King.
- Entertainment: Latest baby bouncers come with more bells and whistles for keeping your small one entertained apart from a caring bouncing motion. If you are planning to have some entertainment features too, consider the following ones:
- Music: A few bouncers come with an integrated musical apparatus that can play different sounds, music, and even white noise. These sounds can tend to soothe the little one quickly. However, consider choosing a model that can play a variety of musical pieces or else the little one can quickly get bored.
- Vibrator: This is attached to the seat to offer a vibrating seat. Such a seat is a part of only a few premium models. This seat not only facilitates a comfortable bouncing motion but also quietly vibrates, which itself is another soothing motion. Such bouncers are ideal for those who are still unaware of how to bounce.
- Lights: This is another feature of premium baby bouncers. These models have flashing lights that lit up in different patterns for amusing the small one. Certainly, many babies love such lights, but this feature is more stimulating than soothing. This makes the feature inappropriate for use just before the time to nap. Thus, if you wish to have lights, ensure that you can turn them off without affecting the functioning of other utilities.
- Adjustable Speed: This is present in a battery-operated bouncer. It is recommended to choose a model with adjustable speeds. Such a model helps in determining the speed that the little one loves the most.
- Toy Arch: Many baby bouncers have a toy arch over the little one for hanging toys. Many such bouncers have a few hanging toys. However, a few just give you ample of space to hang the little one’s beloved toys. Further, many bouncers have an arch that is removable. You can choose as per your preference for the toy arch.
- Theme: A pink color theme is ideal for a baby girl, while a heroic theme is for a baby boy. Thus, choose a theme that can increase the level of amusement for the little on.
- Ergonomics: Well, this factor should be such that the model gives maximum comfortable and soothing place to nap or relax, regardless of the number of hours spent in it. A few babies may spend around an hour or two, while some may spend even more. Thus, it is critical for the little one’s posture to receive good support and remain in the right position in the right places, including the back and butt. Many cheaper models position the little one without any support for the posture and restrict the arm and leg movements. A model that forces the legs to extend straight, just know that it is an unsuitable position. Preferably, the legs should slightly bend from knees. This is applicable to all baby wraps. Even head support is essential just as you would need a pillow when reclining. The head of your little one should also receive support through a contoured top seat or built-in cushion. Costlier models are best options when it comes to ensuring ergonomic support and comfort.
- Cost: It is a fact that no parent is going to use a baby bouncer for a long time. A parent shall probably use it for initial six months or until the baby can sit up on its own. Thus, it is suggested not to spend in a lavish, expensive bouncer. Indeed, the best baby bouncer is the one that ensures quality without making you shell out much.
Certainly, a solid baby bouncer is the most wanted one! However, the way to this bouncer is through the decision-influencing factors. Considering and comparing the influencing factors assist in narrowing the choices for the best baby bouncer.
For more information and hints and tips head over here.